Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Summary Post C4T Teacher #3

My third assignment for C4T was Arvind S. Grover. His post was about a colleague of his sent him a quote by Hiam Ginott. Because it had such a great, valid point here is the quote:

"I've come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. My personal approach creates the climate. My daily mood makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate, humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or deescalated, a child humanized or dehumanized."
-Hiam Ginott

I thanked Mr. Grover for sharing and told him I thought the concept of the quote was nice and it really made me think. I told him, also, that I hoped I could think on this everyday before walking into a classroom. He responded back that he thinks we as teachers should always be cognizant of how contagious our attitude toward others' is. I replied I completely agreed and thanked him again.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment