Saturday, November 20, 2010

Blog Assignment 13

ALEX (Alabama Learning Exchange) seems like a great site. They provide you with lesson plans for all grades and all subjects. For new teachers needing ideas, this would be greatly helpful. I'm glad I found out about this site. In my high school French 3 class, I had to go to a feeder school and teach second graders French. Sometimes finding interesting activities was a rather difficult task for me though. I always enjoyed making the lesson plans but sometimes I would find the children wouldn't quite catch on to the games and activities. This site seems to have activities for any age group, which I simply think is fantastic!
ACCESS (Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, and Students Statewide) also seems to be a great site. From what I read they seem to want to reach out to all learning environments. One of their pages I visited showed the curriculum of each class. For someone homeschooling this site could be utilized for a basis of what to do. I also found here that they are responsible for the curriculum and placement tests I took for AP courses in high school. ACCESS seems to try to reach everyone in a learning environment which is an amazing feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment