Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Assignment 11

FIRST GRADERS IN MS. CASSIDY'S CLASS


I was honestly very surprised by this video. I never thought I'd see the day first graders were blogging and had wikis. I think this is a good thing of course as long as the teacher monitors which sites the students are visiting, They seem to be learning manners as they know to be nice to others and they also seem to be learning how to be safe with the internet and technologically savvy. Through their blogging they are learning better writing skills and they seem to be accepting the fact that they will always be learning new things and growing in their technological experience. I would love to use blogging in my classroom as well. It would allow for students to not only form an opinion and learn, but to also see what others are thinking. They would learn how to be safe on the internet. I would also like to have a classroom webpage like Ms. Cassidy did. As previously mentioned, it would allow the students' parents to be more involved.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I was also surprised to see children so young using the internet and learning how to blog. While it seems a little bit strange at first, I feel that this is an excellent age for students to begin using the technology that can benefit them in the classroom. As all teachers and parents know, we must be sure to monitor the sites that these children are visiting as you stated in your blog. As long as the adults are making sure that the children are staying safe, I feel that the benefits are endless for these young students. Starting them at an early age will more than likely have them more comfortable with the technology that they will need to be successful in the rest of their school careers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These children are amazing! I think that these children are so amazing because they are given the opportunity. If more students were able to have access to the tools Mrs. Cassidy is using I think more students would surprise us with their abilities.

    Iam glad to read that you would like to use blogs in your classroom. SS

    ReplyDelete