Monday, September 13, 2010

C4T # 1

My first teacher for C4T is Mr. W. Chamberlain. He teaches at Noel Elementary School in Noel, Missouri. My assigned blog post was one in which Mr. Chamberlain discussed the use of student manifesto in his classroom. This is where a teacher, or anybody really, could look at someone else and ask them to write down a goal they have. The goal should, preferably, be one accessible but not so easily attained that it is not a task. Student manifesto is about getting the student to strive to be the best he/she can. It needs to be something the student needs to try for, but also something the student can, with effort, accomplish. I first commented on Mr. Chamberlain's blog post and said I thought the idea of student manifesto was an incredible idea. In my opinion, it would allow the student to really determine what their goal was, and not only this but also why he/she held this particular goal. I mentioned that many times I've seen other people set goals but not reach them just because they were not sure why they wanted to reach their goal in the first place.
Mr. Chamberlain reposted on my comment and said that while some students simply wrote down what was the simplest goal to achieve, other of his students actually took his assignment seriously and put deep consideration into this project. I then wrote back and congratulated him on those students who took it seriously and wished him well with all of the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment